Thursday, March 27, 2008

Doughnut Goodness


About once a day I think about something I miss about Chicago - Snow (only when it's falling, not when it's all slushy and dirty), the skyline when driving down Lake Shore Drive on a sunny summer day, singing oldies in the car with Tiffany, Cubs games...the list is endless. What do I miss today? Dunkin' Donuts.

While I love living in California, the doughnuts here don't cut it. Here is a conversation I have pretty often:

Friend: Ooo, doughnuts!
Me: Eh...
Friend: But it's Krispy Kreme!!!
Me: Yea I'm not a fan
Friend: But they are delicious!
Me: They're not Dunkin' Donuts

I don't know what's up with me but I've been seriously craving a good doughnut. Cakey, powdery, delicious. Perhaps it's this limited carb kick that I'm on. But every day on my drive home down 280, I see the big Krispy Kreme sign and I get a little sad. What makes it worse is that there are Dunkin' Donuts commercials on TV. Is there a Dunkin' Donuts anywhere near here? Absolutely not.

If I ever win the lottery, I swear I'm going to open one

0 comments: