Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Buh Buh Buh Bennie and the Jets

I love music (duh, if you read this blog/know me I'm sure you've figured that out). If you put my ipod on shuffle you'll get the most bizarre combination of music. For example, today on the BART ride home I listened to "One Song Glory" from Rent followed by "Nuthing But a G Thang" by Dr. Dre. Random.

While I love listening to music on shuffle, today I realized that I have another music problem - when a song that I love comes up, I get really excited about it and proceed to listen to it over...and over...and over again.



While on shuffle mode, "Bennie and the Jets" came on. I LOVE that song. 70's Elton John was a genius. I learned the words to this song when I was like 5 and thoroughly enjoyed the scene in 27 Dresses where Katherine Heigel and James Mardsen are attempting to sing along but screw up all the words. So I turned the volume up, sang along and danced a bit in my seat until it was over. But then I started it again...and again...and again. And sometimes if I'm feeling particularly motivated and moved by a song, I'll look it up on youtube and see live performances, or if I'm really lucky, someone's attempt at singing the song. Am I the only one with this problem?

Also in youtube fun, I've been watching clips of "The Dan Band". They're the band/comedy trio in "Old School" who perform bouncy and often crude covers of songs that are usually performed by chicks. Here's a little Wilson Phillips for your listening and viewing pleasure:

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I do that ALL the time. See, this is why we are besties!! Because only you do this and to an Awesome song!! I hope you come to Chicago but if not, get the guest room ready for me!!

Libby said...

The Dan Band video is hilarious...