Sunday, June 28, 2009

garage sales can help you pass the bar...maybe?

Yesterday while running errands, Matt and I decided to pop into a garage sale. Really they were selling everything in the house. Bananas.

While looking at the bookshelf, I saw this:



"Dictionary of Legal Terms: Definitions and Explanations for Non-Lawyers"

I figure law school graduate minus the bar exam = non-lawyer.

In the midst of studying for the bar (and the reason why I currently don't have a life), I felt compelled to pull out $.50 for it. While reviewing something today I pulled out the dictionary to look up a term and went "ooohhhh...that totally makes sense."

Maybe this book will be my key to passing

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the deeper you get into something, like an education, the more unnecessarily complicated the subject can become. Keep it simple, where applicable.

Unknown said...

re: your comment. I actually was planning on doing a "white wedding" one as well and do a giveaway next weekend ...It would be a gorgeous "bride's" purse.

jenn said...

i hope it helps! :) good luck with the bar!

Carissa Thilgen said...

I'd say that sounds like 50 cents well spent.

kadler said...

Haha... awesome!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Good luck...garage sales are so random and fun.

Unknown said...

I just found your blog...And you should share some finding in that book. Educate us non-college grads.
Love the bright pink color of your blog :)

Fannie said...

I'm sure this is gonna help and it was a good bargain! Legal dictionaries are usually pretty expensive :) Once you understand all the legal vocab, it's easier to understand the concept !

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day :)

Iva Messy said...

hahah! thats great!!

<3,
Iva