Monday, October 26, 2009

My Wedding!

The boy and I have been back from the honeymoon for 2 weeks now and I realized that today I have been married for 1 month...which means I should finally blog about it. And while I wanted to wait until I had the digital files for my wedding pics to post pics, some of you have asked to see some so I'm going to post some that my friends took.

I'm proud to say that I remained pretty calm throughout the wedding planning process. I guess after going to law school and studying/taking the bar exam, nothing can be more stressful. Plus it helped that Tiffany, aka, the BEST maid of honor ever, flew out a few days early to help with last minute details. Since we had a long engagement, I was able to space out details pretty well and fortunately we only had 1 unexpected thing go wrong (candle holder drama) so I didn't have to deal with too much before the big day. The rehearsal (which went smoothly after everyone finally got there due to ridiculous SF traffic) was fast and the dinner was lovely. We all ate too much and happy. Here's Tiff and I right before dessert. I was in LOVE with my vintage 1950's dress that I got at Shangri-La Vintage in Chicago. I love it there!
After the rehearsal Tiff and I went back to my house where we painted our nails and I watched Tivoed talk shows until I finally fell asleep. I woke up at 6 a.m. the next day and watched an episode of "Clean House" before taking my shower - typical Bianca.

My bridesmaids and I all went out to breakfast before heading to the venue where we were all getting our hair and makeup done. We were greeted with champagne and juice which we drank while getting pampered for 4 hours. Lovely. Time flew by super fast and before I knew it I had to put my dress on and go outside for pics. When we walked outside, we were shocked. It was 90 degrees outside which is hot for the Bay Area and even worse considering it was late September. My dress fit perfectly, but that also meant there was little breathing room and I was pretty sure I was going to faint. Fortunately that didn't happen. Here are some pics of me and my bridesmaids:

The girls helping me with my dress


Group portrait for the photographer


The photos didn't take too long and after relaxing for 20 minutes and having a group dance party to "Party in the U.S.A." by Miley Cyrus (don't judge us) it was time to walk down the aisle. The ceremony was quick (15 minutes or so) but it was beautiful and everything I wanted it to be:

Walking down the aisle to a string version of "Pictures of You" by the Cure


Saying our vows


Yay, we're married! Walking back to "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes




The reception was fabulous. My colors were pink and champagne and while it was stressful to pick out cake/linens/flowers without seeing what they would all look like together, I loved it:

Entrance


Pretty Friends!


Cake!




Along with dinner and dancing, my favorite part of my reception was that we had a photobooth! It was the 1 thing that I always wanted at my wedding and I'm thrilled that we had one. Guests not only took pictures, but the machine printed doubles which they placed on a page that they decorated and wrote notes on and was then placed in a book which we used as our guest book. Photobooth + open bar = ridiculousness. I love my friends. Here are some of my favorites:

The Girls


College Roomies!


Groomsmen


Law School Girls!



Me and the Boy


At the end of the night we waited for everyone to leave and then we took off for the Four Seasons where we had the coolest hotel room I've ever been in which included a TV in the bathroom. Love it. I'm so, so happy with how the entire day went, but more importantly I'm unbelievably excited that I'm this boy's wife. I'm a lucky, lucky girl.

9 comments:

Carissa Thilgen said...

thanks for sharing the pics!! it was so fun going through them. you looked absolutely beautiful in your dress. I love how it was slightly off the shoulders. and your colors were so fun and pretty too.

I think I may have to steal your photobooth idea. how fun! (especially with the liquor flowing! haha). I like the photobooth much better than just putting disposable cameras on the tables or something.

anyhow, congrats again on a gorgeous wedding!

Shaina said...

YAY! Girl, you look absolutely beautiful!!!!! I'm so excited you posted pics. I have been waiting and waiting!!!! Congrats again!

Where did y'all go on your honeymoon?

Bayjb said...

OMG girl you look gorgeous! I love that dress. The photo booth looks like so much fun too

j.rachel said...

grrr. i'm so sad i missed it. when i get back, can we do lunch at our bgame hotspot in your wedding dress? i want to ooh and ahh over you in person. bisous ma cherie!

jenn said...

you look so pretty - thanks for sharing these! :)

also - we had a photobooth at our wedding, and it was definitely the hit. we used the pictures from the photobooth in a little book instead of a guestbook (there was a guy on site to run that whole ordeal) and we LOVE looking at how the guestbook gets more and more vulgar as the night goes on. a big hit!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! Love the color palette :) Looks like it was a beautiful day :)

Elenie said...

Bianca! I love your name btw...thanks for stopping by my blog and it's nice to find someone else who loves the GG's like I do, lol! You made an absolutely breathtaking bride! :)

andiecox said...

Great pics! And the photobooth? Consider that idea stolen!


Definitely checking out Shangri-La Vintage. That dress is adorable. Um, how did I not know about this before?

Fannie said...

Awwww the pictures :) are beautiful ! And you looked gorgeous !! Awwww and the love, I'm so happy for you guys :D