Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dresses and Funfetti

I'm a horrible blogger. I'm well intentioned and plan to write a bunch of blog posts, but I fail. Je Suis Désolé. But I've been wedding planning up a storm which, lets be honest, is slightly more important.

On Saturday my lovely bridesmaids and I went to look at bridesmaid dresses. Fortunately I went with my bff/best maid of honor ever to look at them several months ago so I had an idea of what I wanted. I was super nervous that they wouldn't like the dress or it wouldn't look good on them, but it was super easy: they all looked amazing. Here's the dress:


It's a Melissa Sweet dress and I think it's adorable. The bow on the back is my favorite part. It's not going to be that blue color, but either a blush color called "English Rose" or pale gold color called "Oyster". Feel free to take a look and give me advice: http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?sfid=50631. Jessica is my hero and sent me a picture with my bridesmaids heads on both dresses. It reminds me of "the Girls Next Door" and it's amazing.

So dresses are picked out, mine is ordered, venue and catering reserved, photographer is booked, priest booked. Somehow I've managed to keep on track with my school work, but I'm a tired gal. Too tired to go the gym. Which is bad and brings me to...

BIANCA'S WEIGHT LOSS SPECTACULAR 2009!!!

I've learned that
+ does not = a skinny me. So...I'm on a movement to eat better and be healthy. I don't have a weight loss goal since I care more about being fit than tiny (because let's face it, I would fall over if I was tiny...like a Barbie doll...get it?) But the hardest part about dieting is that I'm constantly tempted and since I'm only responsible to myself, I manage to justify eating that brownie or making full use of the bottomless fries at Red Robin. In order to combat this, I'm going to post my achievements (or lack of) here. I'm a little apprehensive, but I think this will be good. And it'll be a good way for me to keep track of how I'm doing. Wish me luck. And any tips on how to avoid the hostess cupcakes are greatly appreciated.

10 comments:

Shaina said...

I absolutely love the bridesmaid dresses! The bow is adorable. Plus it is totally wearable - like in real life!

Eating well is really hard - I have virtually no willpower and WILL eat chocolate if it's around! Bad bad bad. My advice: eat a little chocolate. If you can't ever indulge, you'll be way more likely to break your "diet."

Unknown said...

Those dresses are GORGEOUS!!! your bridesmaids are lucky!

p.s. i also love funfetti :)

Baybay Mama said...

Funfetti!

Unknown said...

oh that dress is GORGEOUS!!! I love it ...I think also, the BM's could shorten it and wear it again later. I know you're not going with blue but I have to say, my bro and SIL's bm's dresses were all different shades of blue {i was one} and it really looked pretty ...maybe you could do all different shades of blush or gold ...in varying degrees. so pretty!!

Carissa Thilgen said...

I love your choice in bridesmaid dress! And I too heart the bow in the back. So cute! I agree with the other posters that the dress can definitely be worn again, not like other hideous bridesmaid dresses you sometimes see coming down the aisle.

as for dieting, I have no advice. My eating habits are pretty similar to funfetti and pizza! so bad! that's what happens when you have a picky eater for a boyfriend and no time to cook...

Tiffany said...

um that is SOO ugly, who would wear that? ugh.

i mean. um. they are sooo cute.

seriously i love that it looks pretty fab on me and i love the bow too. me + that + an=some wedding dances with hot boys.

i love you b!!!!!!!

Bayjb said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE the dress. Very youthful but appropriate. So great.

Unknown said...

I love that dress!! That is absolutely gorgeous!

Maxie said...

I LOVE the dress. Seriously... I'd wear that even if it wasn't for a wedding.

Anonymous said...

A bridesmaid that can be worn again!? Impossible! Great choice.

-Miss Em x