Monday, March 16, 2009

eating a banana is the same as...


I'm a girl who likes to sleep. A lot. This means that it is almost impossible to wake me up for breakfast. When the choice is breakfast or 10 extra minutes of sleep, I'll always pick sleep. Unless there's french toast available. But that's another story.

Since I'm always running out the door to go to school, I tend to grab things that are easy to east in the car: lemon zest luna bars, rice cake, maybe yogurt if I'm feeling especially coordinated. Some days I feel like fruit, so I'll grab a banana. Banana's are delicious on their own. Banana bread is also yummy and Banana cake at my high school is probably my favorite dessert of all time.

One morning I was driving to school eating a banana and I heard loud music coming from the car next to me. I looked over and noticed that there was some 16 year old driving a car. It made me laugh for a second because he totally reminded me of myself when I was 16 and driving to school. But as I looked at him, I noticed he was making a weird gesture. What was he doing? He pointed at my banana and made a blow job motion.

Yea. Classy. Because eating a banana and blow jobs are the same thing.

I later told the story to friends and we kinda laughed at how silly teenagers can be (because you know, I'm so much more mature now that I'm 25...)

This morning I had a banana for breakfast. It's been many months since the last incident and several bananas have been consumed since then. And today, another bratty teenager did the same thing.

WTF?

So what's the solution? I could stop eating bananas in the car, but I don't think that's going to happen. I could ignore these people which would be the mature thing to do. Or I could find a witty comeback/motion for when this happens. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

jenn said...

i hate to admit that i would probably laugh too. and the best solution? Probably the finger. :)

-ic0re said...

I'm going to get you a comically large magnifying glass, so when they motion at you, you can motion back "4 U, I need (insert comically large magnifying glass)."

Bien?

Bayjb said...

I hate to giggle but it's kind of funny. I mean, they're totes immature but it's kind of cute too. Guess you need to cut it up before taking it with you.

Shaina said...

Wow...gotta love it! Teenage boys can be so mature...it makes me so happy I'm not 16 anymore! I say...screw them. Eat your banana in the car!

Unknown said...

hahaha that's too funny!