Wednesday, April 1, 2009

shamwow and blog love

Law school really needs to learn I have a life. Really. I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep in two weeks, hang out with friends, watch trashy reality tv, etc. It's just not right. Here are a few things worth mentioning:

1) Today I found out that the Shamwow guy was arrested for assault w/a prostitute. According to "The Smoking Gun, Mr. Shamwow paid a prostitute $1,000 for sex. When he kissed her, she bit his tongue and wouldn't let go so he punched her a few times until she did. Shamhow? Shamwow. Also: he's 44. Doesn't he seem a lot younger?


2) I'm obsessed with "She Loves Everybody" by Chester French. Listen to on repeat obsessed. The guys met at Harvard and have that nerdy vibe which I dig. Check it out:<

3) In weight loss spectacular news, I'm down 5 more pounds. Though friday I'm going to Zachary's Pizza with the girls (one of the 2 semi-accurate Chicago style pizza places in the Bay Area) and then I have cake tastings at 3 bakeries on Saturday, so I'm sure I'll take a few steps back. But screw it, I love pizza and I love cake.

4) I received some great blog love last week from Post Smith and Jeans Friday. These two ladies are absolutely lovely and their blogs are always fun and entertaining. Thanks for the Love! So here we go:


Here are the award rules:

List 7 things that you love, and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you love!
Be sure to tag them and let them know that they have won. You can copy the picture of the award and paste it on your sideboard letting the whole world know...you are Kreativ!

1) Cinnamon and Sugar rice cakes. Generally I think rice cakes are pretty blah, but these are surprisingly tasty.

2) Listening to "Nothing But a G Thang" super loud in my car at 9 a.m. on the way to school. That song is so classic and pumps me up.

3) Vintage Pin-Ups: they're totally cute and girlie. I try to bring their style into my wardrobe.

4) "The Cosby Show", particularly the early episodes. Those Huxtable kids were out of control.

5) Backgammon: my mom and dad taught me how to play when I was little and we used to sit outside and play during the humid, summer nights in Chicago.

7) C.O. Bigelow Rosebud Salve. Best lip gloss ever.

8) "Teen Witch". That movie is awful, and yet I love it, particularly for this scene:




to accurately follow the rules for this award, I have to list ten not-so-cute things about myself. Hmm, can I do this? Absolutely:

1) Though I sometimes sleep in cute jammies, often I'll sleep in long jammie pants, a hoodie, and have my hair in curlers. Doesn't really set the mood.

2) I will watch an episode of certain shows every time they air. I know exactly what is going to happen. I can even start to talk along with the characters. It can get extremely annoying.

3) If I can't find something or I'm frustrated, I'll sing random songs about that thing. When the boy asks me to stop, these songs just get louder. Speaking of songs...

4) If for some bizarre reason "mmm Bop" comes on, it's stuck in my head all day. And I will continue to sing the chorus until it gets out of my head.

5) During finals, my hair smells like coffee because I spend most of my time at starbucks. Ick.

6) I start movies before I go to bed and fall asleep before it's over so the title screen along w/any music or dialogue will play over and over again.

7) I'll grab my boobs at random. I think this started when I first got them and I was super stoked that they finally arrived.

8) My feet are always cold. But I refuse to wear socks unless I'm going to the gym or it's raining. Makes snuggling not as comfy.

9) If something really makes me laugh, I'll let out a little snort.

10) I have a potty mouth. I drop the f-bomb at least 10 times a day (but probably more). My mom has given up home on me being "ladylike". But, I can turn off the potty mouth in a heartbeat.

Phew! I'll pass these awards to:

1. Tiffany
2. Kahea
3. Lailah
4. Pardon My English
5. Miss Type-A

Also...Just finished the season finale of "Life on Mars". Did anyone else see this and think "wtf???"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you bite your tongue! teen witch was NOT awful! that was my FAVORITE movie when i was a kid!!! "i wanna be the most popular giiiiirl". omg, can we rent it and watch it together? please?!

and i'm sorry but shamwow guy looks crazy. i'm surprised that's all he did.

Bayjb said...

I just heard about the Shamwow guy. Well, maybe infomercials and its ridiculous nature makes people go crazy

Andy - Instafather said...

I'm doing a Shamwow review next week, and this will just be perfect news to include.

Sarah said...

Super cute blog! My mom got my boyfriend ShamWow for Christmas because we were completely obsessed with it. I nearly died laughing when I found out he got arrested.

jenn said...

sorry you've been so busy - i feel ya on that one. :) i loved the news about the shamwow guy - when i heard about it, i was dying. also - i'm totally with you on chester french. i believe one of the dudes in it is from Milwaukee actually. congrats about your 5 lbs and have fun eating semi-accurate chicago style pizza. it's just not the same as chicago, i understand.

also - obsessed with what you posted from teen witch. i'd totally forgotten about that movie...omg. i want to watch it now! the songs were the best in there.