Saturday, October 18, 2008

change is good

So I finally changed the blog. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it yet. But I'm not so great at making decisions. Don't be surprised if you see this change in the coming days.

This week was absolutely crazy. I'd love to sit here and write about it, but I think just writing about all that I've done would make me tired. But I think I may have to treat myself. Hmm, shoes or cupcakes...tough decision.

But I did go to see "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" today. Loved it. Michael Cera can do no wrong.

In the meantime, the bestie tagged me for a meme. What better way to procrastinate (and yes, I know it's 1:30 a.m. and I shouldn't be procrastinating - I should be going to sleep. but there's just that much work to do...)

Here are the rules:

1.Link to the person that tagged you
2.Post the rules on your blog
3.Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4.Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5.Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6.Let your tagger know when your entry is UP.

Here we go:

1) I once had scarlett fever. Who knew it still existed? I was 10 and I had a fever of 106 degrees. I remember sitting in the doctor's office and heard a nurse on the intercom say "we need a scarlett fever test in room 4". I looked at my mom and said "wow, I feel sorry for that kid." Turned out that kid was me. I totally freaked out because I remembered that Helen Keller had it and that's what caused her to be blind and deaf. I spent the entire car ride looking at all the trees, grass, houses because I was convinced I would never see them again.

2) Like the bestie, I have a ridiculous amount of pop culture knowledge. This is probably a result of watching "VH-1 I Love the 70s/80s/90s" and their sequels at least 10 times, reading gossip mags, wikipedia, etc. Tiff and I are convinced that we will kill at the Pop Culture World Series. We just need a 3rd member of our team who can cover the sports questions...any takers?

3) I started playing the piano when I was 3 1/2 and took lessons until I was 18. Whenever I was sad or angry, I would sit down in front of my piano and just play for hours. Even though I took lessons for so long, I'm convinced that I suck and I refuse to let anyone watch me play. That includes my fiance.

4) I'm really weird when it comes to eating meat. I'm not a vegetarian. I call it a "seasoning issue". For example, I don't like hamburgers, but I love tacos. I don't like chicken breast, but I like buffalo wings. The way I try to explain it is if it "tastes like meat", I'm not a fan. But if it tastes like meat that is covered in sauce/seasoning, I like it. Don't get it? Most people don't. But it makes sense to me.

5) When I was little, I was obsessed with the movie Shag. It's about these 4 girlfriends who go for a last hurrah in Myrtle Beach in the 1960s. I couldn't wait to turn 18 and take a trip like that with my girlfriends. I even considered going to Myrtle Beach. I really wanted to be like the character "Pudge" who loved to dance and fell in love on the trip. I never made it to Myrtle Beach.

6) When I was in 4th grade I got a hamster. I named him Ringo. He was actually a she. And I didn't know who the Beatles were or that their drummer was named Ringo. I have no idea how I pulled out the name Ringo. But this girl in my class got a hamster the next day and named him Jingo. I was like "hmmm, copy much???" She swore she was being creative. There are a lot of stories I could tell about that girl, but that's for another entry.

Here are the tags:
Kahea
Lailah
Andy
Angie
Jessica
Miss Em

4 comments:

Maris said...

I kind of agree with you on the meat issue.

ONCE in awhile I'll eat a burger or a steak at a barbecue or what not but rarely if I have other choices. YET I love meat in spaghetti sauce or chili, etc. I'm more of a chicken/turkey person then red meat.

And I like your blog design! It certainly matches the name :) Sometimes it takes awhile to get used to new changes.

Bayjb said...

I've had scarlett fever too. Definitely wasn't fun coupled with strep throat.

Thanks for the tag and linkey love! I am odd about meat especially with cut, prep and presentation. I just like my dad's cooking so much that seasoned salt is like my best friend.

Tiffany said...

i love out bakers square blt's!! i miss you!!

So@24 said...

Okay your first meme is the saddest one ever.

Reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit.