Sunday, October 5, 2008

cubbies lose and i celebrate with the boy

This picture accurately shows the sadness of the cubs losing their chance at the world series:

How sad is he??? Almost as sad as me. Oh well cubbies, perhaps you'll win after 101 years.

In happier news, Matt and I had our "anniversary weekend" since things were too crazy to celebrate on the actual day. Being the dorks that we are, we tend to go to museums and touristy places to celebrate. I also like these places because they allow me to take dorky pictures such as this:

Don't I look chic on top of a turtle? I swear I would look that amazing if I was riding a turtle in nature. Right...

This year we went to the California Academy of Sciences, this really rad science museum that's in Golden Gate Park that just reopened after years of remodeling. The place is really amazing. There's a digital planetarium which is basically a huge dome that they show a video on. But since you're surrounded by the video, you feel like you're in it, moving in space. Pretty nifty. It totally reminded me of the 7th grade class trip to Space Camp - that's right, I went to space camp. Be jealous :)

They also have a "rainforest" which is completely sealed off and full of butterflies and lizards and all these tropical plants. While my hair wasn't a fan of the humidity, it was cool. And the craziest part of the place is that they have a "living roof". The roof is covered with all these native California plants that attract bees and birds.

I'm not sure how I feel about so much life on a roof, but they're scientists so I'll go for it. But the best part is the "African Hall" exhibit where they had a bunch of dioramas and penguins, which is always Matt's favorite part of the zoo/aquarium/Flamingo hotel in Vegas. They were super cute, especially when they were being fed. I wish fish would make me that happy.

I took today off from work and just vegged in hopes of relieving some stress. Last week was really crazy and it was amazing to say "screw law school" and not do any work. Hopefully I won't regret it in Corporations tomorrow.

All in all, it was a lovely weekend. Hope everyone had a great one too!

2 comments:

Bayjb said...

That sounds like a great weekend! It was a bummer about the Cubs, but sadly not unexpected. There's always next year :)

Tiffany said...

you are GORGOUS!!

those shoes=amazing