Wednesday, December 17, 2008

greeting cards

Am I the only one that has trouble buying greeting cards?

Sometimes I love buying cards. It's always great when you pick up a funny card that totally reminds you of a friend and you can't wait to send it to them. Or you see a "My Little Pony" birthday card that reminds you of one you received on your 5th birthday.

But the thing I hate about greeting cards is that a lot of times I buy/send them because I have to, not because I want to. Greeting card politics to keep people from hating me. Example: my dad whom I no longer talk to. If I don't send a card, I get hate emails/phone calls about being an ungrateful child and how dare I not send a card because he sent one. So to keep him quiet, I send a card. And finding one is the worst. All the cards for parents say "Merry Christmas...I love you!" Well, that's not the message I want to send. And it's not like I can cross that part out. So I have to spend 30 minutes finding the card that's as neutral as possible. Sigh.

I should start a greeting card company that sells cards like "Merry Christmas...hope you're looking forward to my impersonal card next year." I wonder if those would sell...

Am I the only one that has this problem???

Also...packing my bags. Chicago, here I come!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting experience.Well wish you Happy Christmas and New Year eve in advance.

Gifts to chennai