Sunday, December 28, 2008

Melting Snow and Sugary Goodness

Here's a little update about the fun I've experienced in Chicago so far:

1) Shopping for a wedding dress is by far the most stressful and insane experience I've ever had. I've never been more concerned about money in my entire life. It's crazy what people will spend on dresses. I've also never felt more vain in my life. But, after trying on all the white silk/taffeta/lace in the world, I think I've found my dress!!! Tres exciting.

2) Only in Chicago can it be -2 degrees one week and 60 degrees the next. The beautiful white blankets of snow have melted and turned into massive puddles and ice. Which brings me to #3

3) Whenever I drive in the rain in San Francisco, I'm always irritated that people freak out and completely forget how to drive because of the change in weather and I wish I was driving in Chicago where people know what they're doing. But driving down the Kennedy in the rain made me rethink this. If there is ice, please do not cut in front of me going 80 mph or drive 1 centimeter behind me. Ice = skidding and if you hit my car, we're going to have some problems (aka me pulling out my inner Hillary Swank a la "Next Karate Kid"/"Million Dollar Baby" and kicking your ass)

4) Chicago hot dogs make me really happy and are even better in the company of Tiffany and her fabulous roomie.

5) As much as I love being back home, it's even better when I get to share it with the boy.

6) Ann Sather's cinnamon rolls are the cure for any sadness. They will also make me ridiculously giggly all day.

I'm having a fabulous time at home and I'm super stoked that I still have 10 or so days here. Now that the boy's around I plan on doing some touristy stuff and taking cheesy photos while stuffing my face with the best food Chicago has to offer. Love it.

4 comments:

Meghan Donovan said...

i totally feel you!! chicago is so fun to visit and find the comforts of home for us midwest-turned cali girls! i can't help to think we have the best of both worlds :)

Bayjb said...

Wedding dresses are bananas, and the costs in the city are even more crazy. It's like enough to pay my rent for almost a year.

Also, Ann Sather's cinnamon rolls are the best things ever. I adore them.

I'm back in town! Let me know your email and let's get together this week!

freeandflawed said...

Chicago hot dogs make me so happy! Superdawg? Yes? Yes!

Anonymous said...

i want to see the dress!!!

happy new year! can't wait to see you again! when are you back in the bay???