Friday, January 2, 2009

Goodbye 2008

I intended to do this before NYE, but things were a little crazy. I do enjoy these surveys and the chance to reflect on the past year.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Walked into Target and didn't buy something, got a puppy w/Matt

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make formal new years resolutions because I'm really bad at keeping them. But I did tell myself that I was going to try to relax a bit and I think I did a decent job at it.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Nope.

5. What countries did you visit? Um...the U.S. Ok new resolution - take a trip out of the country.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Patience, the ability to say "fuck it" and actually mean it.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory and why? May 18th - spending my birthday in Chicago for the first time since high school with some wonderful friends; January 26 - the day we got our puppy

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting an A in law school (which seems silly but was HUGE to me)

9. What was your biggest failure? hmm...not saying "no" to things when I was clearly overwhelmed

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope (woo!)

11. What was the best thing you bought? My Wedding Dress

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Lots of people: My mom for being able to move out of the house we lived in forever and be on her own; Matt for continuing to put up with my ridiculous law school stress; Tiffany for knowing exactly when I needed her and calling me to cheer me up; Lailah and Rhea for being able to laugh through the ridiculousness that was corporations.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My dad. 2 1/2 years after this divorce craziness, he still can't understand that I'm not mad about the divorce, but about his lying cheating ways. And his solution is to call and yell at me. Not cool.

14. Where did most of your money go? Textbooks, cell phone bill, stilettos...

15. What did you really, really, really get excited about? Picking a wedding date, realizing I only had 1 more semester of school, spending my birthday at the cubs game

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Ooo...the 2 that snuck in at the end of the year that I CAN'T get out of my head are "Womanizer" by Britney Spears and "Single Ladies" by Beyonce.

17. Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier? Absolutely
Thinner? Haha, that's cute
Richer? Not at all

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Relax, go out without worrying about what work I had to do

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complain

20. How did you spend Christmas? With my mom and brother eating too much food and watching marathons on TV.

21. How will you be spending new years? I spent it with Matt and Tiffany and some ladies from HS at a rooftop party room at a condo downtown. You could see the skyline and the fireworks and I drank entirely too much. Awesome.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008? Still in love with the boy (which is a very good thing).

23. How many one-night stands? 0

24. What was your favorite TV program? Gossip Girl, Always Sunny in Philadelphia

25. Did you meet anyone now that you didn’t know this time last year? All the interns I worked with over the summer

26. What was the best book you read? "Love is a Mix Tape" by Rob Sheffield

27. What was your biggest musical discovery? I don't think I had any this year. I suppose "Automatic Loveletter" would fall into this category. I did get really into old school stuff like Etta James.

28. What did you want and you got? A puppy.

29. What did you want and not get? All the super expensive shoes and purses I've been tagging in magazines (it doesn't matter that it wasn't realistic...)

30. What was your favorite film of this year? "Role Models". That movie made me laugh harder than I think I laughed all year.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? I turned 25 and spent it with Tiffany and gals from HS. We went to see Paul van Dyk.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A bigger bank account, learning to accept that I can't change everything

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Comfortable meets Gossip Girl meets vintage meets basics.

34. What kept you sane? My tivo and the people that love me

35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? Haha, um...I went through a 2 minute period where I was into Chace Crawford.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Prop 8.

37. Who did you miss? My mom, it's rough being away from her.

38. Who was the best new person you met? My summer coworkers. They're fab.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: The world won't end because you can't do everything.

40. Quote or Song Lyric that sums up your year: “Just Dance" - Lady Gaga

2 comments:

Libby said...

yea for new puppies!

now i have lady gaga in my head ;-)

happy new year!

freeandflawed said...

Thanks for letting me know about the Google search for this survey. I'm still the number one spot and I'm completely giddy about that :P