Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yay Award!

The lovely Free and Flawed gave me this fabulous award! I adore her and I feel so special!

The honorees are to:
A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

Here we go:

1) I really love buying shoes...like LOVE. My roomies in college told me I had Barbie feet so shoes look cute on me. But I also love shoes because I never have to worry if they'll fit because my shoe size doesn't fluctuate like my weight. I find comfort in that.

2) I think that music sounds better on vinyl. When I was little I used to watch my dad put a record on the player and slowly lower the needle onto it and I would beg for him to let me do it. One of the strongest memories from when I was little is the day he finally let me do it. Subsequently, because he didn't like that I got mad at him for cheating on my mom/divorce, he took the massive collection of records we had because he knew it would hurt me. And it did.

3) Strawberries are my favorite fruit. When my mom was pregnant w/me, she ate them every day. On my lower back I have a little red mark and when I was little, my mom said I got it because of all the strawberries she ate.

4) I often regret my decision to go to law school. I still question if this is what I want to do forever. This gets scarier and scarier as I get closer to graduation.

5) I read a ton of fashion magazines and I always look at the "Cover Girl" ads and think about how I could do them better. Sometimes when I put my makeup on in the mornings I look in the mirror and do a "beauty shot" (antm watchers will understand). Whenever I watch the last episode of America's Next Top Model, I get so angry at the girls with bad photos. If they ever look for a "regular" girl to do an ad, I'm soo there.

6) When I was 7 I was convinced that high school would be just like an episode of "Saved by the Bell" and I couldn't wait go. Seeing that I went to an all-girls school with 180 students (total, not just in my class), clearly it was a different experience.

7) I have 2 guitars but I rarely play them. I played the piano for 15 years and my teacher made me promise that I wouldn't play guitar. I bought my first guitar when I went to college. I wonder if the reason I don't play is because I made that promise. But I'm determined to play more this year.

8) 7 1/2 years later, I still feel really guilty about moving away from Chicago. I don't know if I'll ever get over it.

9) I think that I'm too judgmental. But I'm working on that.

10) I've never broken a bone, but when I was young I always wanted to because I wanted a cast. Who am I???

Here are my nominees:

1) Kahea
2) Tiffany
3) Lailah
4) Rachel
5) Maegan
6) Andy
7) Jessica

4 comments:

freeandflawed said...

I've done #10 too!

Andy - Instafather said...

I've never broken a bone, either.
Thanks for the award!

Maxie said...

I've only broken my pinky finger and I didn't get anything cool for that! just a little plastic thing that hurt my finger and didn't work :-(

Unknown said...

how come I didn't know about this? maybe I did and I just spaced.

THANK YOU!

I've only broken my left pinky and ring finger {like maxie!}


Great and honest list!!!