Thursday, January 22, 2009

dirty water, target, and feeling like a smartie

Here's a little week in review:

1) On Sunday night I was lounging around the house rejoicing that I didn't have to go to school on Monday and watching "Rock of Love Bus" (which, btw, I want to know if anyone else watches. Bret Michaels is out of control but not nearly as out of control as those girls and yet I can't. stop. watching.) Matt calls up from the basement to ask if I did laundry because if not, we had a problem. I walked downstairs and there was water EVERYWHERE. Gross, dirty, water. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I'm a girlie girl (ok, not really a secret). But I was the 8 year old girl that refused to run in the mud during a soccer game because I didn't want to get my new, neon green laces dirty. Matt took one look at my face, laughed and saidh would take care of it. But I rolled up my jean legs, grabbed some rubber gloves, and totally cleaned. Without complaining. In fact, I couldn't stop laughing and singing made-up songs about dancing in poopy water. Am I mature or what? There weren't any leaks in the house and the city came out to check if the sewer was backed up, but it wasn't. Turned out that at some point the pipe is met with a clay pipe and that clay cracked and roots and such were growing in it and prevented things from flowing away from the house. So since it couldn't flow out, it flowed back in and was redirected to another pipe which empties into the large sink in our laundry room. All fixed now, but the basement carpet is STILL damp and we're still laying down towels to soak everything up. We'll be going through a massive carpet clean in the near future. But the greatest part of all of this is that Matt was silly proud that his future wife is helpful. I guess I'm good for more than shopping and writing case briefs.

2) I was completely convinced that I would fail my corporations class. Crying bucketfuls, hands trembling, couldn't eat, super scared. I got my grade Tuesday: A-. Fucking amazing.

3) I have a shopping problem. When people are upset or need comfort, they may clean, go for a drive, take a bubble bath. I shop. And when I'm on my shopping mission, I have to get something. Not nearly as bad as "True Life: I'm a Compulsive Shopper", but still. The biggest problem is Target. That store is dangerous and without fail, I go and leave with something that I don't need: the new Maybelline mascara, tank tops, tote bag...you get the idea. But it's my "go to" errands store, so I can't avoid it. I recently decided that I was going to try and save up my money and stop buying random crap. To help this, I've decided that I can only go to Target once a week. At the end of week 1, I was completely successful. I left Target with face wash, toilet paper, and contact lens solution. Totally necessary items. Let's see if I can keep this up.

I'm a happy girl. Since thursdays are my fridays (thank you law school for allowing me to make a pretty schedule), I feel like I should treat myself to a nice glass of wine. Or 2. Or 3...

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

this post makes me miss you.

i wish i could just take a flight out and have a glass of wine with you!!!

i am SO proud of you, miss girly girl pink loving high heeel wearing fashion icon, that you cleaned uo ANd made a song. matt is getting the best wife ever!!!

misssssssssssssssssssss you!!!

and good job on target-hab! its tough~!!!

Andy - Instafather said...

I love that you have to tell yourself not to shop and limit your Target trips.
Also, Capricorn loves Rock of Love Bus, even thought I think it sounds terrible. She said someone's implant leaked recently.

-ic0re said...

Dude I totally watch the Love Bus. Their boobs are ridiculous.
Also, gross on the poop front. Way to be all hardcore.

Maxie said...

I watch rock of love bus and that shit is CRAZY.

The first episode where they took a shot out of the you know where?! Where do they find these people?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

omg. i totally saw the episode of true life and am now CONSTANTLY comparing myself to those girls just to check and make sure that i'm NOT a compulsive shopper! i can't count the times when i've asked nate, "do you think i really have a problem? am i beyond help?!"

and being the good bf that he is, since i've imposed this moratorium on shopping and it's KILLING me, he just got me a gift card for urban outfitters! woo-hoo!

Bayjb said...

I do not watch Rock of Love but I am jealous about your three day weekends. Very jealous.