Wednesday, January 28, 2009

reason #472 why i love the boy

Yesterday was a big day for the boy. He was dying to get a big and pretty LCD flat panel tv and while he has saved up a ridiculous amont of money, he didn't feel like he could buy it because he wants to make sure we have enough money for the wedding. After researching a particular tv for almost a year and looking at amazon.com every day, he finally bought it. On Monday he got the call that it was going to arrive the next day (yesterday) and he was like a 7 year old boy running around on Christmas Eve hoping that Santa would bring him the original Nintendo so he could spend Christmas playing "Duck Hunt". Hopefully he would be nicer than my brother who wouldn't let me participate in the duck shooting games, but that's another story.

Last night I had class, so I expected to come home to the boy and his friend playing "Call of Duty 4" while yelling at 8th graders on the other team who are whispering fighting words and trying to keep quiet because they are up way past their bedtime. I walked into the door and there was a huge bouquet of roses waiting for me:

Bianca: You bought me flowers?!
Matt: Yep
Bianca: What did you do...
Matt: Nothing!
Bianca: Because you don't want me to be jealous of the tv?
Matt: I don't need a reason to buy you flowers. And as much as I love the tv, I will always love you more.

I guess he does love me more than video games.

7 comments:

Bayjb said...

That is seriously too adorable. And I was the same way when my big TV arrived too :)

Tiffany said...

i adore him and you. im excited to come visit you HINT HINT

miss youuuuuuuu

Anonymous said...

awwwww!

So@24 said...

LCD tv?

Man, that's big boy stuff

Anonymous said...

Really love your blog! i have so many images and pictures its unreal but they will be going up soon!!!
how did you get the background on your blog? iv been having issues with that, theres a blog i'd think you would enjoy trialsandtribulationsofa20something.blogspot.comlect

Unknown said...

aww this is so cute! I hope he enjoys it!

Unknown said...

aww that is so cute! I hope he enjoys it :)