Saturday, December 6, 2008

You Know You're Losing Your Mind When...

For the past week I've been attempting to write papers/outline/study. It's awful and I think I've reached my breaking point. How? Today:

1) I've been breaking out into giggle fits. For no reason. I looked down at my book and started laughing because it's funny how little I know. Is my lack of understanding funny? Not at all. But my mind, which I suppose is separate from the rest of my body, thinks it is.

2) I have a Heidi Montag song ("Overdosing") stuck in my head...yes, that Heidi from "The Hills". Why? No idea. It's not like I own the song or have heard it more that 3 times in my life. I don't know the words, but I know the tune. And it's stuck.

3) I found a pirate hat in my house (from the day I got engaged which is a long story that I will share if anyone is interested). I put it on my head as a joke...and I've been wearing it for the past 5 or so hours. And I have no desire to take it off. Thank goodness I'm not in public.

4) I started dancing in my chair. It's like I'm coming up with choreographed routines without thinking about it. Anthing to keep my hands distracted from typing.

So here I am: a 25 year old girl breaking out into fits of laughter while doing choreographed dance routines in my chair to Heidi Montag songs while wearing a pirate hat. I'm officially losing it.

Think my corporations teacher will take that as an excuse to let me out of the exam? Yea, I don't think so either.

How do you know when you're going nutty???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know you're going nutty when you decide to commit three entire years of your life to law school. what you're experiencing now is just a consequence of that. :) j/k.

you're not crazy, you're coping! call if you need to!

Bayjb said...

I don't think you're going nutty, i think you're having fun! I do have to just though on the Heidi Montag song though. Really?

-ic0re said...

Dude, when i was studying for the bar, I made a "studying mustache" our of paper, and wore. Swear it made me smarter....

Unknown said...

lol...sounds happy not crazy!!! I watched SNL this weekend and cannot get "Jizz in my pants" out of my head ...but just that one line. It will not stop looping.