Friday, December 12, 2008

I'll Make This a True Daily Double


Does anyone else feel brilliant when they get the answer to "Final Jeopardy" correct?

Jeopardy was really big in my house. My dad often worked from his home office and he would always take a break at 3:30 when Jeopardy came on so we could watch it together. We were hardcore about it. We each had a calculator in hand to add or subtract money when we answered questions and carefully determined our wagers for final jeopardy. And nothing was better than the "teen tournament". It was the one time I could depend on seriously out scoring my dad. I loved it. Plus I heart Alex Trebek.

From time to time I still watch Jeopardy and play along and get really excited when, like today, I get final Jeopardy correct.

Answer: It's the only state capital whose city limits lie on an international border.
Question: What is _____________?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nate's answer (since, let's face it, i'm not about to know this shit):

what is, juneau?

Andy - Instafather said...

Portland, Maine? Aw, I don't know. I never get those right. I'm not smart enough to answer questions with a question.

Lailah Morris said...

What is Cheyenne Wyoming?

Bayjb said...

Ew I have no idea but I do love it when I get answers right on Jeopardy. But sadly the college, kid and celebrity editions are best suited for me :)