Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Plane Rides and Hot Dogs

So I've been back in Chicago for less than 24 hours. I had the pleasure of sitting in front of 3 loud and crazy kids. They spent the majority of the flight throwing goldfish crackers on the floor and stomping on them and then placing crushed crackers in my hair. When I turned to the mom she was simply like "oh, they're just trying to be cute." My response - no, you're kids are not cute, they are _____. Fill in the blank as you see fit. I shouldn't really blame the kids, seeing that they were all under 7 years old and super bored on our tv-less flight. But really mom, shape up.

Within minutes of getting off the plane, I had the pleasure of eating this:



From this wonderful place:



It was messy and made me feel like I was going to explode, but it was absolutely delish and exacly what I wanted.

It's funny how certain foods really make me feel like home. Today I ran errands with my mom and went to Jewel Osco (oh how I miss you when I'm in SF) and I was super stoked to pick up Home Run Inn frozen pizza. I mean really, who gets excited about frozen pizza??? It's totally silly, but it brought a smile to my face. I also like to make lists of what food I want to eat while I'm in town so as to take full advantage of my visit. Any suggestions for chow would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it looks like there's going to be a thunderstorm tonight...soo excited!

1 comments:

Bayjb said...

I never was a Chicago hot dog fan until I moved here. Now i love them. Are you still looking for food recos? How long are you in town?