Yesterday was a super busy day for me and matt. We checked out a wedding venue and ran a crazy number of errands (which included a trip to target...if I can get out of target in under an hour, it's a miracle). On friday night we went to our friend's birthday bbq and didn't get a lot of sleep, so Matt totally passed out on the couch after the errands. It was super early so I decided to preoccupy myself with some guilty pleasures.
1) It was definitely time to get clean up around the house. Being someone who can't work in silence, guilty pleasure #1 is singing/dancing to hidden musical gems while cleaning. In order to make my house shine like the top of the Chrysler building (oh Annie, how I love you) I have a fabulous playlist. Some song selections:
"Poison" - Bel Biv Devoe. That song will always get me moving. Never trust a big butt and a smile? Good advice BBD.
"Knocking Da Boots" - Candyman. Tiffany and I may be the only people on the face of the planet who love this song, but it's great. I particularly love the part where he says he'll "melt in your mouth, not in your hand." M&Ms as a sexual reference. Nice.
"Buttons" - Pussycat Dolls. While I love the idea of the Pussycat Dolls in Vegas, I'm not really a fan of the group. But there's something about this song that just gets me. It's one of those "sing and dance in front of the mirror and pretend that you're in a music video" songs. If I could lift my leg as high as those chicks, I'd be quite a catch.
2) Facebook stalking. I do it and you do it too.
3) Remember when you're little and you think about what it would be like to be rich and you could buy anything you wanted? Yea, I still do that. Guilty pleasure #2 is eating popcorn and flipping through fashion magazines at the ridiculously expensive clothes/jewelry/purses that I could only afford if I was a regular cast member on Gossip Girl. I have a vision of what I want to look like as a smart successful lawyer. However, seeing that I'm going the public interest route this won't happen. But it's lovely to dream.
4) "Adventures in Babysitting". I don't know how many people have seen this movie, but it's one of my favorites and something that I usually watch alone so I can fully enjoy it. It's about this girl in Chicago named Chris who is suppose to go to a super fancy dinner with her boyfriend, but he cancels on her because "his sister is sick." So she gets a call to babysit for this family and she decides to go. Turns out her best friend is stranded at the train station and when Chris and the 3 kids she's babysitting go to get her, craziness ensues.
5) World's Longest Shower ever. Being a girlie girl, I'm really into bath products and there's nothing I enjoy more than pampering myself. Deep conditioner and a sugar scrub may be the best way to end a day.
There are many more which I'm sure I'll discuss one day.
What are your guilty pleasures???