Friday, August 29, 2008

sherbet and fluff...


So apparently watching Kingpin, even though you've seen it at least 50 times, makes you laugh so much that you suddenly feel very awake. After Woody Harrelson left the Amish village with that chick from USA's "Weird Science", a commercial for ice cream came on and I started thinking about my favorite treat when I was little - a scoop of rainbow sherbet on a sugar cone from Baskin Robbins. That along with bubble gum ice cream (which I never really liked, but there was something so great about bubble gum in ice cream. It was almost as good as bubble gum in a lollipop) reminds me of humid july days and trips to the park with my family. To this day it's still my go to when I hit up Baskin Robbins. So of course, I thought of it so I wanted it. I was too lazy to drive there so I decided I would just hit up Safeway and grab some there.

I walked into the ice cream aisle and some guy was trying to select his ice cream treat for the night. Now, what I love about the ice cream/frozen foods section of the grocery store is that everything is behind a clear door. This allows you to clearly see the food available and after making a selection, you can quickly open the door and grab what you want. Smart. This guy didn't seem to get the memo. He proceeded to open each door for a good minute, look around, decide he didn't like anything and close the door. There are two problems with this: 1) Freezers = cold. Obviously. So when you leave the doors open this long, the person standing next to you in the aisle also gets cold. Not ok. 2) When you leave the door open this long, it fogs up after you shut it. This completely defeats the entire purpose of the clear door. Because of this, I had to open each door and freeze while I stared at the options. One person leaving the door open leads to a cycle of people being forced to open the door. Not ok.

I finally got into the checkout line and the two guys in front of me kept laughing and talking about how messed up they were. I looked at their cart and what did I see? Firewood, marshmallows, chocolate bars, graham crackers, and fluff. 'Smores baby. I'm not going to lie, I was a little concerned about their desire to start a fire in their current state. But the best part was listening to their debate about whether or not to go with the fluff. One guy kept saying that they needed to be "authentic" while the other guy kept insisting that the fluff was to eat after the 'smores. Genius.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

wow i have been craving smores and you have added to it!!
i just had a flashback of going to soccer practice and somehow mary sutton came with us and she wanted the best capri sun flavor. bitch! also remember when she made us clean up her donut sprinkles??

Bayjb said...

Hmmm ice cream. I love vanilla ice cream with M&Ms, it's my favorite. That sounds like an odd trip to the store, glad you weren't going with those guys to wherever that fire was taking place.