Thursday, September 11, 2008

remember that zebra???

While watching "Hole on the Wall", Matt said "yikes." My response? "Yipes, stripes, fruit stripe gum!" That's right...I busted out the jingle from a fruit stripe gum commercial from back in the day. Here's a little clip in case you don't remember:

It's scary how vividly I remember that. It reminds me of sitting in my living room while watching "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" and thinking that it's pretty rad that my parents let me stay up until 10 p.m. on a Saturday. Fruit stripes gum wasn't even that tasty. The flavor only lasted for 2 minutes. Plus they had those temporary tattoos on the wrappers which would have been cool if they worked. Sadly they didn't and made the 8 year old Bianca very sad.

This week has been absolutely bananas. It started out with a lovely alumni wine tasting event on Sunday. My college friends and I haven't really been into the alumni stuff but wine tasting is alway quality, so there we went. At least 20 wineries were there plus the most random and delicious assortment of food (sushi, fondue, gelato, paninis, oh my). Being the driver I only got to enjoy the beverages for a few hours. But my wonderful friends drank enough for themselves + me so all was good. After the event we headed to the dive bar that's right off campus to relive old times. Seeing that place in the daylight/without drinking a rum and coke on the walk over was really weird. But overall, good times.

School was insane this week. It's week 3 which is the time that work really starts picking up. Balancing an internship an 4 classes plus my writing requirement was probably not the best decision I've ever made. Tuesday night I had one the "omg what was I thinking, I can't handle being in law school, how am I gong to handle being a lawyer" freakout. Normally I have a lot of confidence in my ability to be a rock star lawyer, but lately I've been questioning myself. I think a lot has to do with the fact that in less than a year I will have taken the bar and I'll officially be in the real world. It makes me nervous. I need people to remind me that the real world is not that bad and that I can handle it. And I need to remember to breathe. Oxygen is important.

Since I've been so overwhelmed with work this week I haven't had time to watch my beloved shows which is probably why I've been a little pissy. So tonight I'm having a date with Tivo. So far I've gone through "The Hills", "Weeds", and "Project Runway". Next up is "America's Next Top Model". Perhaps I'll give some commentary tomorrow.

Also, I need a crazy fun way to unwind this weekend...any suggestions?

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

cupcakes, wine, chinese food!, cuddling with matt to almost famous or some other good movie. dress brodie for halloween. ohhhh since you and matt always do awesome ccostumes, does brodie get to be in on it??